- Alpine Acupuncture5825 221st Pl SE Ste 204
Issaquah, WA 980271-425-391-7777
Clinic HoursMon, Tue, Thu, Fri9:30am - 7pm
- Sign up to receive news and updates and get my free report:“The Top 10 Reasons to Try Acupuncture”
- • Healthy Choices for a Healthy Spring •
- • Tips and Tricks for a Sparkling Spring •
- • Fitness Routine Spring Cleaning •
Solutions for Leg Cramps
Leg cramps are a problem that almost everyone faces at some point in their life. These cramps can be incredibly painful and very disruptive to sleep and activities. Luckily there are many great natural options for treating leg cramps. If you or someone you know has problems with leg cramps while in bed or after activity or after sitting for long periods, follow these steps to feel better soon!
- Drink lots of water and if you’re exercising, make sure some of your fluids have electrolytes in them (coconut water, sports drinks, etc)
- Get moving! If you don’t move around much during the day, start with a gentle walk to get muscles warmed up
- Stretch. If you do get exercise, stretch those legs after every session by doing toe touches and heel drops (while standing with just your toes on a stair, let your heels drop down to stretch your calf muscles)
- Magnesium! Try magnesium lotion (available at Alpine Acupuncture), a calcium magnesium vitamin supplement or an Epsom salts soak for your legs. Magnesium is a very gentle and natural muscle relaxant.
- If you don’t get relief from these steps or if you have other pain, try acupuncture or massage to increase blood flow and relax tight muscles.
The Inside Scoop on Cholesterol and The One Chinese Herb That Could Crush It
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), people who suffer from high LDL cholesterol are twice as likely to develop heart disease – the number one cause of death in both men and women (source). High levels of LDL cholesterol are a serious health condition that affects approximately 71 million adults in the U.S. (1 out 3). But an ancient Chinese herb is turning heads in the medical community due to its surprisingly powerful effects on cholesterol levels.